Sometimes called e-blasts or bulk mail, targeted email allows messages to be pushed directly to your reader’s inbox. The University has adopted a new platform for targeted email that includes sending, click-through statistics, list building and list management. Communications liaisons are provided with training before getting access to the system.
To increase efficiency, Colleges and departments that are using other targeted email tools are expected to migrate to the University’s platform.
The sending schedule for targeted email is managed by Publications and Creative Services, and there is limited availability for custom email campaigns. As an alternative to dedicated email campaigns, we often recommend placement in existing electronic communications including URI Today, URI News, Next Week @ URI, Social Media, and more.
When determining whether a targeted email is the best solution for your message, consider the following:
- What is the topic of the message? (e.g. news, event, invitation)
- What action should the recipient of your message take?
- What is the message you need to convey?
- Who is your audience? internal (URI faculty, staff, students), or external (includes friends of URI)
- How frequently should the message be delivered?
- Is additional information available on a website?
For more information, contact your college’s or department’s communications liaison.