WHO: Leading URI faculty, scholars and administrators will be joined by national speakers Daniel E. Lieberman, Harvard University professor of human evolutionary biology and Andrew Hargreaves, chair of the Lynch School of Education, Boston College.
WHAT: The Annual Academic Summit to explore transformative scholarship, teaching and research in the 21st Century. The day will feature talks by Lieberman and Hargreaves in addition to about 45 “Ignite” sessions — five-minute talks by URI faculty about their research and scholarship. Some of these quick talks include:
• Sexting and texting and posting
• Children, Authorship and Agency: Growing Up with Digital Culture
• Using Internet Searches to Reveal Beliefs about Climate Change
• Is Human Pregnancy Exceptional?
• Preserving the Precincts of Death: Hands-on Humanities
• Outfitting for Long-Term Space Exploration: What to Wear and Why Should We Care?
• Steps, Structures, and Spaces in Ancient Greece
• Renewable Energy Institute: Building a New Model
• Willingness to Pay for Green Supply Chain Management
WHEN: Friday, January 17, 2013
8:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHERE: Memorial Union, Ballroom
50 Lower College Road, Kingston Campus
CONTACT: Jhodi Redlich: 401-874-4500