For children and teens, below is a sample of programs, but full details, costs and links for registration is available at web.uri.edu/camps.
• For pre- and early college students, several engineering academies will be offered to introduce high school seniors and college first year college students to the science and variety of career opportunities in the engineering field. ( Summer Engineering Academy)
• The University’s Transportation Center offers six academies about everything from transportation, to marine freight, green design, business, construction and engineering. (URI Transportation Center)
• Computer Camp will provide students age 9-17 with weeklong sessions exploring different computer programming and related activities all summer. (Computer Camp)
• Things will sound really good in July through the first of August when the Music Department holds its string, wind and jazz camps for kids, URI Music Academy. Young musicians (grades 3 – 12) will delight with the Wind Ensemble and String Week camps in July, that include overnight opportunities. In partnership with Salve Regina University, the Jazz Camp at Newport will end URI’s music camp season (July 25 – Aug. 1), including a trip to the Newport Jazz Festival.
• The KIDSEYE summer film making camp will return to URI’s Kingston Campus. This program (July 6-10) exposes students ages 11-17 to the basics of filmmaking and ends with a premiere of their finished work. (KIDSEYE)
• Ocean science explorers (ages 11-15) will take deep sea adventures as part of URI’s Inner Space Center camp at the Narragansett Bay Campus, Aug. 10-14
• And of course, the W. Alton Jones campus — the State of Rhode Island’s biggest back yard — is ready to welcome kids up to 17 years old for its award-winning programs. (Environmental Education Center)
• URI’s Sailing Center will be ship shape for its camps throughout the season. (Summer Sailing Lessons)
• Swimming lessons that last a lifetime – URI’s Learn to Swim program offers a series of camps for infants to teens. (URI Swimming)
Now, for adults, don’t despair — the University has many engaging programs for you this summer too.
Find all of this information and more at URI Camps and Programs.