“Employers and recruiters who have participated in our previous events have talked about the quality of the applicants and their enthusiasm,” said Audrey Tessier, manager of employer services at Career Services. “They also enjoy the accommodations we provide, including booth space and luncheons.”
Organizations interested in the career fairs or other programs can go to https://www.myinterfase.com/uri/employer/home.aspx to register. Registration allows employers to post job opportunities and hold on-campus interviews at no charge.
For students and alumni, the job, graduate school and internship fairs offer a wide array of job and education opportunities through programs targeted to specific majors and those for all majors. All Career Services job fairs are open to URI students and alumni, as well as students and alumni from other colleges who are seeking entry-level positions, internships or investigating graduate schools.
Tessier said URI students and alumni should regularly check the department’s web site, http://career.uri.edu, for the 40 to 50 jobs posted by employers each day. Just click on the RhodyNet icon for further information and instructions. Students will also receive information at the Career Services and Friends Welcome Party September 16, 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m in front of Roosevelt Hall.
The following Career Services job fairs and employer networking events are scheduled for fall on the Kingston Campus. For additions and more information, visit the Career Services website at http://career.uri.edu or call 401 874-2311.
• Graduate School Fair, Oct. 6, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Memorial Union, 50 Lower College Road
• Accounting Night, Oct. 8, 5 – 8 p.m., Lippitt Hall, 5 Lippitt Road
• Engineering and Technology Job Fair, Oct. 21, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Ryan Center, 1 Lincoln Almond Plaza
• Pharmacy Interview Day, Oct. 28, Memorial Union
• Internship Job Fair, Nov. 4, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Memorial Union
• Nursing Job Fair, Nov. 20, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., White Hall, 2 Heathman Road
• Fall Career & Job Fair, Dec. 9, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Memorial Union