URI Career Services has planned eight events for the fall semester, most of which are open to the public. Employers are invited to register to recruit at these events.
“Despite the recession, the college career market never really flattened,” said Carolyn Thomas, assistant director of Career Services. “The economy has hurt experienced, mid-level managers, but companies are still looking for enthusiastic, entry-level candidates.”
This fall, Career Services added a new element to its programming–workshops for freshmen URI101 students. “These are a way to help first-year students start thinking about their interests and majors and how they could lead to a career,” Thomas said.
The following are the major career events for the fall:
• Graduate School Fair, Tuesday, Oct. 5, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Memorial Union Ballroom, 50 Lower College Road, Kingston Campus, free and open to the public.
• Accounting Night, Tuesday, Oct. 5, 5:30 to 8 p.m., Memorial Union Ballroom, open only to undergraduate and graduate students of URI’s College of Business Administration.
• Engineering & Technology Job Fair, Wednesday, Oct. 20, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., the Ryan Center, 1 Lincoln Almond Plaza, Kingston Campus.
• Pharmacy Interview Day, Thursday, Oct. 28, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Memorial Union Ballroom, open only to URI College of Pharmacy Students.
• Government Career Fair, Thursday, Nov. 4, 3 to 6 p.m., Johnson and Wales University, open only to current college students and alumni from Rhode Island institutions.
• Fall Internship and Job Fair, Tuesday, Nov. 9, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Memorial Union Ballroom, free and open to the public.
• Nursing Job Fair, Friday, Nov. 19, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., White Hall, 2 Heathman Road, Kingston Campus, open to junior and senior nursing students.
For further information, call 874-2311, or email email@example.com. You can also go to the department’s website, http://career.uri.edu. Outside groups who wish to attend must contact Audrey Tessier (firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-874-4012) to see if they can be accommodated.