The event to benefit University of Rhode Island women’s athletics will be hosted by Lynn Baker-Dooley on the lawn of the president’s house.
“This is a wonderful way to enjoy a spring night on the URI campus and the best that our local businesses have to offer, all while supporting women’s athletics,” Baker-Dooley said. Dave (URI President David M. Dooley) and I extend a warm welcome to our friends and supporters to join us for a special night that also includes a silent auction and special entertainment.”
The honorary chair is Carolyn Rafaelian, a 2013 URI honorary degree recipient, and founder and creative director of ALEX AND ANI.
Lead support is being provided by ALEX AND ANI, Carolyn’s Sakonnet Vineyards, and Teas and Javas. Additional sponsors are: Wakefield Liquors, De Ramel Foundation, Guillaume and Molly De Ramel, Amica, Coventry Lumber, Gencorp, the Ryan Center, Global Spectrum, South County Orthopedics and Woodweavers of Wakefield.
Tickets are $100 per person. Make checks payable to: URI Foundation. ($50 per ticket is tax deductible). On the memo line, please note Grapes & Grain. For further information and to register, click here. To take advantage of this pre-event price, reply no later than May 30. Those who make reservations after May 30, or walk-ins will pay $125. You must be at least 21 to attend.
For questions, email email@example.com or call 401.874.9532. Guests with disabilities who need accommodations should call 401.874.9532 at least three business days in advance. For TTY assistance, please call the R.I. Relay Service at 711.
Here is a sample of auction items donated by friends and alumni:
- St. Maarten Island Getaway — At the Simpson Bay Resort and Marina, which includes one-bedroom suite with full kitchen, access to the resort’s spa, casino, tennis courts, fitness center, and more. Valid only week of Sept. 13, 2014. Sleeps four. Donated by William Finnegan Value: $3,200 . Opening Bid: $500.
- Watch Hill Sunset Picnic for Six — A Wednesday evening sunset picnic provided by the Watch Hill Yacht Club. Watch historic racing sailboats cross the finish while enjoying an open bar and lobster roll picnic served up by your hosts, Doug and Lorraine Randall. Based on availability of donor; requires two-week notice. Donated by Doug ’72 and Lorraine M.A. ’78 Randall Value: $300. Opening Bid: $150.
- Up, Up and Away — Two round-trip tickets to anywhere in the continental United States, Alaska or Canada (Hawaii excluded) on American Airlines or US Airways. Must redeem within six months, and give booking request 21 days in advance. No other restrictions apply. Donated by S. Kent and Diane Fannon ’74. Value: $3,000 . Opening Bid: $500.
- A Day and Night of Newport Delights – Home base will be the Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel (one-night stay for two includes breakfast). Includes mansion-hopping with all-access Newport Mansion Experience tickets (the Preservation Society of Newport County will also provide a copy of its Newport Mansions book as a special memento). Also includes certificates for Boru Noodle Bar, and Midtown Oyster Bar & Grill. Donated by Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel, Preservation Society of Newport County, Boru Noodle Bar, Midtown Oyster Bar & Grill. Value $520. Opening Bid: $200.
- The Perfect Break — This fall, spend four nights at The Break, Narragansett’s first boutique hotel. Enjoy a heated pool, hot tub, salon and spa, fitness center and retail boutique. Includes dinner for two at Chair 5, The Break’s restaurant and bar, which features locally sourced menus, as well as artisan cocktails, craft beers, and boutique wines. Valid for a Wednesday through Saturday night stay in October 2014. Based on availability. Columbus Day weekend excluded. Donated by James and Rebecca ’86 Durkin. Value: $1,576. Opening Bid: $500